Re: how to get new position() of a node in a sorted result tree?

David,

Assuming 'article' is below 'item', it looks as though you'll need to pass
the value of your position() down as a parameter (which you can do in a
template matching 'item').

There really isn't enough information here to know for sure: we need to see
a sample of input data. But position() returns the value of the node's
position in the current node set. In the template matching 'article',
that's a set of articles, in whatever order they were selected in. Since we
don't see articles being selected here (and we can't assume defaults
without seeing the structure of the input or your assurance that there are
no other templates selecting it), it appears that this is, naturally,
document order.

Please provide more information and I'm sure someone can help.

Good luck,
Wendell