Re: Consecutive page numbering using XSL:FO-to-PDF

Drew,

As your initial-page-number property is set to "auto", you should get the
behavior you want.

Keep in mind, however, that FOP is open-source software, therefore subject
to the usual limitations (and strengths) of that development model, and
(more to the
point) still in early stages. I'm right now into a project trying its
wings, and running into similar problems as yourself. One difficulty is
that it's not really all that easy to tell what's implemented yet and
what's not. Bugzilla, where its bugs are managed, seems particularly
unfriendly to me -- FOP 0.19 doesn't even seem to be in it.

One strategy is to try the same stylesheet in another processor, to
triangulate on your code to see if the problem is really there or in the
processing. XEP is a very nice commercial XSL-FO engine, with a free
crippleware version which should be perfectly sufficient for these
purposes. AntennaHouse is said to be another nice one (although I haven't
used it). Check out http://xmlsoftware.com/xslfo/ for links.

Good luck,
Wendell