Re: Question about Michael Kay's book

Mike,
Thanks for what seems an honest appraisal and to every who replied.

> The MSXML appendix is the longest

I fiddled with MSXML some time ago and found it to be inconsistent with the
spec while output using Xalan/Xerces from servlets to be no problem.

> Cocoon is covered only superficially.

I was afraid of that.

> the index leaves something to be desired.

I hear (on here) a lot of references to Mike's book, and was hoping it might
be a better (faster/more explanatory/more cohesive) resource then the W3C
site.

> ...but also because running XSLT in the client opens up a lot of
> possibilities that aren't there with the other products.

Since I don't build specifically for MS and can't get consistent HTML
frame/table/css handling from any two user-agents I pretty much ignore such
possibilities.  Maybe one day MS will quit extending the standards, Netscape
will figure out how to implement them correctly, and the others will complete
their implementations and I'll save a lot of time and effort... but, I'm not
holding my breath. :-)

Again, thanks Mike & everyone.
Richard