From: flourish [mailto:msmith@dork.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 10:59 AM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] non-breaking white space coming out incorrectly

> >     I'm trying to use a non-breaking white space in XSLT, so I use the
> > unicode  . This has worked for me in the past with
> > sablortron, but in
> > this instance sablotron is outputting "Â ".  The space is
> > there, but before
> > it there is the  (don't know its name).  Any ideas on what's
> > going on?
>
> You're looking at a UTF-8 file using an editor that doesn't understand
> UTF-8.

I'm afraid you're speaking over my head, and I'm afraid the answer doesn't
really make proper light of the problem anyways.  Let me elaborate.  I'm
using XSLT to transform XML into HTML.  My XSLT uses the unicode  .
The resultant HTML contains the string "Â " in it's place.  I'm viewing the
resultant HTML in both editpad (a text editor) and IE5.5.

Thanks again.