Re: Stripping whitespace within a text node

>Is there any way to eliminate the whitespace in the middle of a text node?
>For example, we want " a  b  c  " to give the output "abc".
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jacqueline

Copied almost verbatim from Mike Kay's book (any mistakes are sure to
be mine) use the XPath translate() function :-

    translate (., '

', '')

(assuming . is the text node you are interested in)

The hieroglyphs are space, tab, newline, carriage return.  In theory
you never see the carriage return, but I suppose it does no harm.

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@melvaig.co.uk