Re: Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?

David Carlisle wrote:

>I am not at all clear what your question is, if XSL is the default
>namespace so you have <template match=".. then literal result elements
>can be in any prefixed namespace, or if you don't want to prefix them
>use
>
>David

It seemed to me you were suggesting two options, put html els in a
non-default namespace or
chage the default namespace.  I was trying to say that the first
wouldn't work for me, but that
the second was an option.

I've become resigned to the (perceived) fact that xslt can't do what I
want to do cleanly, and no
I don't consider the workarounds I've heard and found to be clean.  Now
I'm more interested in finding out if there's a good reason for it, and
if not, fixing it in the next version.

I'm quite willing to patch the various open source processors to do what
I feel is appropriate,
but there's not much point unless it's in accordance with errata or a
future standard.  I'm not big
on vender-specific extensions.

I want to know if people agree with me when I say "This is how it should
work".  If not, I'd
like to know why.

I know this is a fairly minor issue.  I've been living with fairly minor
issues for a while now.
I just figured it was time to stop complaining and see if there was
anything I could do about it.

aaron