Re: More Multi-Document Mambo

> and then in some template check for a given ancestor
> that is in treeA but not treeB, should it return true or false?

ancestors are always in the same tree as the current node.
document() does not "graft" a branch on to the current tree, it
hops to another tree in the sequence.

> Will "Bingo!" be output?
no.

> It's that I want the default rule for one tree to be the identity
> transformation (the template file), and the default rule for the other to
> be the normal pass-through template.

well, either use two different modes, or make your default templates
explictly use the document element

match="/book//*"
do something
and