Re: How to correctly apply Dimitre' generic sort template

Sung-Fu Yang wrote:

> Hi, Dimitre,
>
> I try to work out an exercise to apply your generic sort, and  need your
> kind help to show what I have missed in the xsl below.
>
> What I am doing is to apply your example shown in vbxml.com,
> http://www.vbxml.com/snippetcentral/main.asp?view=viewsnippet&lang=&id=v2001
> 0310050532
> which can bring the last result from using named mergeSingleNode once,
> and the template mergeSingleNode and binSearch from
> genericSearchSort.sort.template.xsl.
> This modification did not bring me a desired solution as below.
>         19321004 19530323 19920714 19990417 20100714
> This is the set from sorting the first five nodes, from all 10 nodes.

Hi Sung-Fu,

The snippet and the generic template are different things and should not be mixed
together.

As this discussion may not be interesting to the majority of this list subscribers,
let me suggest that you send only to my email address a simple problem to be solved
using the generic sort template -- then I'll help you with an example how to do it.

After we do this, you could publish the solution and you'd be able to explain how to
use the generic templates to other people... :o)

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.