Re: need an "&" in my text!!!Please help!

[Vijay Rao]

> Ya that is true many people gave me answers but none
> of them gave me a solution.My problem still persists.
> I need an & to be displayed as in "Special Terms &
> Liabilities" on a tab in HTML page.Now when i tried
> putting & the parser for xml did not allow me so i put
> & in my xml but at my xsl when i selected this
> value i said disable-output escaping ='yes' but it
> still seems to output & so the text i get is like
> this "Special Terms & Liabilities"

That's exactly how it's supposed to work.  In HTML, you must use & or
some other escape for the character.  It ***will*** display as the "&" sign,
which seems to be what you want.  Example:

Load that into a browser and it will display the "&" sign just fine.  It
will NOT display "&amp;". Of course, if you look at the file with a text
editor you will see "&amp;", but it will display as you want.

In a url within an HTML attribute, you also must use &amp;,  as people have
been telling you.  It will function correctly as the target of a hyperlink.

Tom P