Re: a very unusual namespace question

> In most processors you will then be able to use the $ns-prefix to
> indicate the namespace that you're after.  The only problem is that
> processors don't *have* to use the prefix you've specified when you
> create the attribute:
>
>   "XSLT processors may make use of the prefix of the QName specified
>   in the name attribute when selecting the prefix used for outputting
>   the created attribute as XML; however, they are not required to do
>   so and, if the prefix is xmlns, they must not do so."
>
> so it's not guaranteed (although I don't know of a processor that
> doesn't).

Some kind of conformance test maybe?

XML:
<el xmlns:prefix="uri1" prefix:att="foo" />

XSLT:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="el">
   <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
      <xsl:attribute name="prefix:att2"
                     namespace="uri2">bar</xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Expected output?
XT and Saxon choose a different prefix (fine),
Xalan 2.0.1 ignores my namespace declaration to be "uri2" (wrong).

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |