Re: Incrementing a Variable

Hi Jon,

> Bottom line here is that I was trying to do was near impossible and
> really should have been done back in the Java code. The xml that was
> coming to my xsl was causing me to write so much logic in that we
> decided to kick the problem back to the code level and fix it there.

Aww :( It breaks my heart to see someone 'kick a problem back to code
level' (although you may well be right that it's more efficient to
deal with it there).

I betcha someone here would have been able to do it if you gave enough
details, and some of us thrive on the 'near impossible' problems :)
You've already posted a snippet of your source XML, so howabouts
showing us what you wanted to turn it into (it's always easier to find
the XSLT solution if you think about what you want it to *be* rather
than how you would create it in a procedural language).

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison