Re[4]: finding position() of an element in a different context

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier, I've been away for a fe
days...

>> Am I not right in saying that if I am in the context of a <visit>
>> element, doing:
>>
>>   <xsl:variable name="matchingForm"
>>   select="//forms/form[(@formtypeID = $formtypeID) and (@visitID =
>>   $visitID)]"/>
>>
>> will not work, because "//forms" is taken relative to the context
>> node? Certainly this seems to be happening, as no matches are
>> occurring.

MK> //forms selects all the <forms> elements in the same document as the context
MK> node.

That is what I was hoping for.

MK> Your problem is more likely to be your attribute names: your <visit> element
MK> has an @id attribute but no @visitID attribute; similarly there is no
MK> @formtypeID.

I noticed that as well, but it was just a type when creating the email
I think. That problem is not present in the actual code I'm using (on
a different computer). I will take a look back at what I was doing and
once I've got my head around it again I'll post back...

--
groovy baby,
 Kevin                    mailto:xmldude@burieddreams.com