RE: using different xsl based on xml

> My question is, how can I tell where the xml comes from...

That rather depends on how your customers are sending it.

Typically, you could ask different customers to send it to different
mailboxes, or you could look at the email headers, or you could use a proper
messaging service like MQSeries or MSMQ.

If none of those mechanisms are possible, then you will have to work it out
from the XML content: sounds as if the first phase should be an XSLT
stylesheet that examines a document, determines what type it is, and adds
this information to some kind of envelope.

Mike Kay