Re: Sorting and Grouping revisited

* Lars Marius Garshol

| Given that it was based on about 20 years of prior experience that was
| kind of a special case, wasn't it? :-)

* Sebastian Rahtz

| whereas XSL is based on .... oh just about 15 years of prior
| experience...

I'm not sure that is really comparable. XML is a subset of SGML, which
is a further development of GML, which does give you about 20 years.

XSLT _is_ based on DSSSL, but is very different from it, and DSSSL
never saw very widespread use, certainly nothing like what SGML (or
even GML) saw. CSS, FOSI etc hardly count, I think.

It's not really all that important, but I think the cases are pretty
different, unless you know something I don't. :-)

--Lars M.