how to write a multiple select in xsl

Hi everyone!
I have tried to write a multiple select of a form in a xsl file.
I've written the next:
<select name="myname">
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3>3</option>
<option value="4">4</option>
</select>

like in html, but in the output i can't see nothing.
I have proved too  to  write a xml document with this select and then my
xsl file using templates but it doesn't work. Please could anybody help
me?
Thanks in advance