No Subject

I have to reproduce a newsletter format, whereby the text is split into
columns. My xml follows this format:

<Newsletter>
    <heading>A Word from the Author</heading>
    <author>Mr J. Bloggs</author>
       <paragraph>'a text block'</paragraph>
       <paragraph>'a text block'</paragraph>
       <paragraph>'a text block'</paragraph>
</Newsletter>

The xsl I have involves a table split into three columns - the first will
contain a paragraph per row then an empty column followed by successive
paragraphs in a third column. I am having trouble with placing the
successive paragraphs in the third column. At the moment I have paragraphs
filling the first column then the code copies the same paragraphs into the
final column (see below). I require a means of each page containing
paragraphs 1-3 in the first column then paragraphs 4-6 in the third column
etc

 <xsl:for-each select="body/paragraph">
				<xsl:with-param name="text">
	                              <xsl:apply-templates/>