RE: Tags to prevent XSLT from processing?

>Hello all,
>Are there any tags in xsl that prevents the XSLT from
>processing content between those tags?
>Basically, I am outputting html that has some client
>side java script and I dont want XSLT to look at that
>part.

I think what you are probably looking for is a CDATA section to protect your
JavaScript. The FAQ has a good section on the use of CDATA with XSLT at
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/cdata.html.

>Is this a good programming practice in the first
>place?

I think that depends on what you are trying to do. Outputting JavaScript
into HTML from XSLT is quite a common thing to do. There is a balance
between
using XSLT code to control the appearance of a HTML page and using
JavaScript to do client side work. Both approaches have there own strengths
but normally a combination works best.

>I want to develop web applications.Please advice me. I
>am using a Web Server (I cant use COCOON/axkit) that
>supports only CGI and I cant use Java. How can I
>develop web applications? I dont want to limit my web
>client to IE 5.0 and cant use asp/jsp.  Can any one
>point me to tutorials on developing web applications
>with xml as a representation?

Most of the stuff I know about requires the use of more than a CGI. For a
low transaction site you might get away with using a command line XSLT
processor from your CGI but this is far from the most efficient model. Can
you move to a more functional web server? Java capable servers probably have
the best XSLT support at the moment.

Kev.