Re: xsl:output question

Hi Roshan,

> Is there any way to dynamically format xsl:output format and have
> one style sheet control the result tree format? I tried having
> <xsl:output method="xml"|"text"|"html" >, and I hoped to have the
> right output if it is within <out> .. </out>. In stead, I get output
> in text always.

I'm afraid that you can't dynamically choose the output method that
you use with pure XSLT 1.0.

However, come XSLT 1.1 then you can - it's an attribute value
template, so you will be able to use:

<xsl:output method="{$format_type}" />

You can get this behaviour currently if you use Saxon as your
processor.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---