RE: Using position() with sorted node

Thanks for the suggestions on this problem.  Instead of using
position() to identify sorted nodes, I ended up just assigning
unique numerical identifiers (in this case the date stamp) to each
node and accessing them that way.  This makes the processing/sorted
order unimportant.  Unsurprisingly, this is a simple solution for what
seemed like a complicated problem.  Thanks.

Jenny Simpson
SCI Institute