Selecting a descendant child at arbitrary depth

 I seem to be going mad today, but I can't seem to do this basic thing:

 xml is something like

 <mainDisplay>
   <document>
     **XHTML tags here - arbitrary levels deep
           <docBody>
             **More XHTML tags in here**
           </docBody>
     **More XHTML tags, but no more docBody tags**
   </document>
 </mainDisplay>

 Now, the mainDisplay element is actually a child of a bigger
 tree, but it only occurs once. My
 stylesheet can successfully do all it needs to do to set the
 mainDisplay as the context node.  The
 <document> element is the only child of mainDisplay (I know,
 that's redundant, but its a legacy
 thing (wow, I said "legacy" when refering to XML!!)).  The
 children of <document> are then any XHTML
 tags (in all cases, the first child is a <html> element).

 Now, I have invented a tag called <docBody> which surrounds
 the XHTML that I am actually interested
 in.  What I want to do is copy the contents of the <docBody>
 to the output, but ignore anything else
 that surrounds it:

 mainDisplay
    +--document
         +--html                 <--ignore
             +---...             <--ignore
             ...                 <--ignore
                    +--docBody   <--ignore
                        +--copy the contents of this to output
             ...                 <--ignore

 Because docBody can be at any level below mainDisplay, once I
 have successfully got to mainDisplay
 as the context node I am trying a rule like this:

 <xsl:template match="mainDisplay">
   <xsl:apply-templates select=".//docBody" />
 </xsl:template>

 and then using the template:

 <xsl:template match="docBody">
     <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
 </xsl:template>

 I've tried:
 <xsl:apply-templates select="descendant::docBody" />
 as well, but to no avail.

 I know I have got to the mainDisplay template as I've
 inserted debugging messages and they come up
 on the output.  But debugging messages in the docBody template do not.

 Can someone give me a hand?  I feel like I'm bashing my head
 off a wall!!

 BTW, using Saxon 5.5.1

C Ya,

Peter McEvoy