[exsl] EXSLT 1.0 Drafts 010310

Hi,

There are new drafts of the EXSLT 1.0 documents available.  The
changes are as follows:

EXSLT 1.0 - Common
   http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exslt/common/

 Changes:
   * Changed wording on conformance in the Introduction.

EXSLT 1.0 - Sets
   http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exslt/sets/

 Changes:
   * Changed wording on conformance in the Introduction.
   * Removed arguments that require dynamic evaluation.
   * Changed the name of set:following to set:trailing.
   * Changed the second argument for set:leading and set:trailing to a
     node set and revised functionality.
   * Removed set:exists and set:forall as they are fairly pointless
     without dynamic evaluation.

EXSLT 1.0 - Math
   http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exslt/math/

 Changes:
   * Changed the prefix used in this document from 'num' to 'math'.
   * Changed wording on conformance in the Introduction.
   * Removed arguments that require dynamic evaluation.
   * Removed math:sum function as without dynamic evaluation, this is
     already supported in XSLT.
   * Changed wording on math:max, math:min, math:highest and
     math:lowest to indicate that the node values are converted to
     numbers as with the number function.

EXSLT 1.0 - Functions
   http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exslt/functions/

 Changes:
   * Changed wording on conformance in the Introduction.
   * Removed example functions that involve dynamic evaluation of
     strings.
   * Altered example implementations to reflect changes to EXSLT 1.0 -
     Sets and EXSLT 1.0 - Math.

The biggest alteration is that I've taken out any dynamic evaluation
in these drafts. If anyone has objections to that change, let me know.

If there aren't any objections, and no one has any further functions
to add to Common, Math or Sets, then I'd like to finalise these so
that implementers feel better about implementing them.  Of course more
functions can be added in the future, but this is the basic set.

There are still lots of issues left on how to define functions, most
of which are fairly fundamental - should EXSLT follow the FXPath
methods of defining functions?  Should you be allowed to gradually
build up node sets with multiple exsl:result elements (or something
similar)?  I think that just about everyone who has an opinion has
said their piece, and I think that the current state roughly reflects
the consensus, but I may be wrong.  If there aren't objections to the
current state, then I'd like to finalise it as is.

Finally - are there any other functions or sets of functions that
should be added to EXSLT 1.0?  What extension functions do you find
useful?  Are there any extension elements that should be added?

Cheers,

Jeni
---
Jeni Tennison