concat bug in Oracle XSLT and XT

fwiw:

Not too surprisingly, Saxon tells me the following is invalid:

        <xsl:value-of select="substring(concat($spaces40),1,24)" />

because the concat function requires two or more arguments.
However, I'd been running a stylesheet with this in it for weeks using (at
different times) XT and Oracle (Java),
and they never complained.
So I checked the XPATH spec, and sure enough the definition is

"Function: string concat(string,string,string*)".

So Oracle and XT are incorrectly letting me get by with invalid syntax.
I'll try to report this to Oracle, but their website is pretty opaque.
And the 4xt website doesn't seem to have a bug reporting function either.

Rick Suiter