Re: Question regarding msxml3 default stylesheet...

On Friday, February 23, 2001 4:51 PM
Michael Kay wrote:

> Here's my question:  Even after upgrading in replace mode to msxml3,
that
> stylesheet still uses the <x:stylesheet
> xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"> namespace.  Is that correct,
or did
> my msxml upgrade not go as well as I thought?

No, your upgrade is OK and your guess is right. MSXML 3 supports both
namespaces (tho obviously not at the same time). This allows "legacy"
xsl to work client side transparently to users.

It's also a source of a lot of the bewilderment we see here. People
naturally try to teach themselves XSLT by getting a book like yours
and using it to extend an existing sheet. They've read your appendix,
looked at the FAQ and got themselves MSXML 3. But they have the bad
luck to start from a sheet using the old namespace, so after some
head-banging they turn up here.

Michael