Re: Transforming XML to a schema defined XML file.

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Smoothy schrieb:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a requirement to transform an XML file to a schema standard XML file.
> i.e. read one XML file, change the tags and logic to fit a pre-defined XML
> schema then output a new XML file.
I guess all your XML Input files have the same structure (same dtd or
schema)
If that is correct, here are my answers:

> 1. Is this possible, I think it is but just checking all the same.
Yes: that's what we are doing all the time :-)

> 2. Is XSL the best way to do it?
If you ask the xsl-list: yes. Ask somewhere else (perl?)... maybe still
yes

> 3. If so, what would be my next step in transforming an XML file. ( a push
> in the right direction is always helpful )
You need a good book and an XSL-Processor - you probably already have.
Then make sure that you know the structures of input and output files
and write a stylesheet. If you have any problems (grouping? keys? node
equality?) - just write to the xsl-list.

If my first guess is not correct:
- different input files: write one stylesheet for each kind of input
file
- any misunderstandings: just ask again!

Gruß, Philip