RE: RE; Re: RE: syntax sugar for call-template

> It is possible to have a positional only syntax form like in:
>
> fn(functionQName, p1="p1Value" ... pN="pNValue")
>
> ... The above will be directly usable from within an XPath expression.

Not within an XPath 1.0 expression it won't.

Within the XSL+XPath conformance rules, we have the option of defining new
extension functions and extension elements, we don't have the option of
extending the XPath syntax.

(If it weren't for that, I'd be perfectly happy with named arguments in
function calls.)

Mike Kay