RE: xsl, position, template Problem

To process all the child nodes you must use <xsl:apply-templates> with a
select expression that processes all child nodes. Obviously //Stretchext
doesn't. (And why on earth are you using "//" here?)

If you want the position of a Stretchext counting only the Stretchext
elements, use <xsl:number>, or count(preceding-sibling::Stretchext)

Mike Kay