Re: search & clone problem

Unfortunately, I do not have access to newsgroups.

So I am limited to mailing lists.

I am working in IE5, does that make any difference?

I am very uncomfortable in doing MS-centric coding for any reason. But I
don't know enough right now on how to code, in what format to code, what
favor to code to get the results I am looking for.

Right now all I am looking to do is get data from our database and display
this data on a web frame in our desktop application and have the user have
some (limited) ability to sort and search the displayed data.

After spending 2 weeks looking at XSL (I think) coding, I found I could not
do what (I think) I need to do to get the user the ability to search and
sort.

Someone gave me a book (XML In action, from MS Press) that talked about JS
coding for XML control, so I went that route.

I am still going through the links given to me on this list and do a LOT
more reading to see if I am going down the "right path".

Thanks for your patience on this and all my base questions.

Walter