Re: <b>Following text<br/>

Hi Edierley,
A couple of necessary clarifications:

1. This solution will return the length of the concatenation of all
text nodes in the sub-tree, whose root is <root>  -- and this,
according to your tree diagram is exactly
what you asked for.

However, should you need the total length of the ***immediate*** text
children only, and there are some text nodes further down the subtree,
then this will not work -- you'll have either to use the recursive
traversal solution, or create a new tree and copy there all the text
nodes you're concerned with and then apply string-length() on this
tree.

2. You may get an unexpected result in case whitespace-only nodes are
preserved -- it's a good idea to use <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/> to
avoid such surprises.

Dimitre.