Re: Page-break/Static content

Paul Grosso wrote:

<quote>
I had noticed this earlier and checked with others on the XSL FO
subgroup.  The idea, as Steve Zilles and I agreed, was that for
XSL 1.0 there should be exactly one flow per page-sequence.  We
realize that the ability to allow multiple flows is useful, and
we have planned ahead to allow it in XSL 2.0, but it is not there
now.  (The text was written so as to work even once multiple flows
are allowed, but the BNF should be taken--at least in this case--as
definitive for XSL 1.0.)  In the future, it should be possible to
flow into, say, both the region-body and the region-start, but that
capability is not in XSL 1.0, and for XSL 1.0, it is an error for
there to be more than one flow in a page-sequence.
</quote>

Cool - that's resolved once and for all. It's an easy modification. Glad to hear
multiple flows per page sequence are in the books.

Regards, Arved