Re: Netscape Navigator not displaying emdash

> Would you *please* post this script here

sed -e "s/ndash;/#8211;/g" oldfile.html > new.html

add more -e expressions as required, eg

 -e "s/trade;/#8482;/g"
 -e "s/lsquo;/#8216;/g"
 -e "s/rsquo;/#8217;/g"

They are actually ones we use, but you might like to match against ™
explicitly rather than trade; if there is any danger of that appearing.
(I didn't as I couldn't be bothered to work out how to quote the & so it
works on assorted unix shells and nt :-)

As has been commented other alternatives are use saxon, use the xml
output, use a different browser (but IE5 doesn't work too well under AIX,
I find) or modify the HTML output if you have the sources for your XSL
engine.

David