RE: Replacement for boolean !?

> > Could anyone please give me an example as to how I could
> use boolean variables. This is what I need.
> >
> > 1. Set boolean to false, initially.
> > 2. Open FOR loop.
> > 3. Check condition. If true, set boolean to true.
> > 4. If boolean is true, do something.
> > 5. set boolean to false.
> > 6. close loop.
> >
> > Please advise.

You've bought yourself a power drill and now you're saying you want to use
it like a hammer.

XSLT isn't that kind of language: it's not a sequential language with
updateable variables. It's a functional language: when you want to produce
some output, you have to work out how to express it as a function of the
input, not as a function of what happened "earlier" in the stylesheet.

Mike Kay