Re: encoding

> My problem is that some xml pages claims to be utf-8 but sends some latin-1
> characters.

Guessing here, but I'd guess that the original XML doesn't have an
encoding declaration. (Which is a shame as you said you had no control
over that).

Do you know what encoding the http headers claim is being sent?

If the XML has no other encoding information then the XML parser will assume
utf8 and correctly die if characters are encoded in latin 1.

But if the HTTP headers say it's latin 1 then the parser may be able to
use that information as long as you are sending it straight to the
parser via http, of course that doesn't work if you save it to a file,
then pass it to the parserr. (Which parser is it?)

David