Re: XSLT link to schema

Chris,

> How do you provide a link to a schema in an XSLT page.  I know how to link
> to a DTD, but can't find any examples on how to link a schema.

The XML Schema for a particular bit of XML is indicated through the
'schemaLocation' attribute in the
"http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" namespace.  For example:

<doc xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
     xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.jenitennison.com/schema/doc">
</doc>

So you can include the xsi namespace declaration and the
xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the source XML and the XSLT
stylesheet, and you can add the xsi:schemaLocation attribute to any
result elements you create (make sure in this case you define the
xsi namespace in your stylesheet).  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#composition-instances for more
details.

There aren't any XSLT processors yet that I know of that use XML
Schema to do anything interesting automatically.  But it's probably
possible to use the xsi:schemaLocation attribute within the XSLT
stylesheet to access the relevant schema and use it.

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison