Re: Structured metadata within XSLT?

Ed Staub wrote:

> AFAIK, the only "official" mechanism for including metadata in a stylesheet
> is
>         <!-- comment -->
> This obviously doesn't support XML-based structure within it.

Try RDF - see http://www.w3.org/RDF/ - as the official W3C metadata
language.

As I understand it RDF allows you to create and embed metadata as a
structure of resource-property-value links, where in this case the
resources could be XSLT stylesheets and templates, the properties could
be parameter and return types, and the values XML Schemas and simple
types.

Assuming that this is powerful enought to describe your required info,
the permitted and "understood" links could then be formalised using the
related RDF Schema technology.

Francis.
--
Francis Norton.