One var to concat strings, one var to call ext. function

I have a template that sets one variable called "domainClass", then I
need to set several other variables to represent display labels
associated with fields.  I'm using a Xalan extension function to read
the display label out of a properties file.

I'm trying to make the code for getting the display label as concise
as possible.  So far, I'm left with things like the following:

 <xsl:variable name="niSessionIdKey"
               select="concat('xsl.',$domainClass,'.NISessionId.text')" />
 <xsl:variable name="niSessionIdLabel"
               select="pm:get($niSessionIdKey)" />

Then, when I need the display label, I use:

 <xsl:value-of select="$niSessionIdLabel"/>

If I have ten labels, then I need twenty variables.  For each pair of
variables, I really only need the second one.  I declared the first
one because I couldn't figure out how to combine them. Is it possible
to wrap the "pm:get()" around the "concat()" call so I just have a
single variable?