Thank you Tony (was: XSL-list doomed)

Again I think you are being far too unfair, Paul.

At 00/10/28 23:56 -0400, Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:
>It was not my idea to bring down the XSL-list,
>but this have happened.  List loops and loops
>since October 24.

Wrong ... Tony (the moderator) reports the loop only started happening on
the morning of yesterday (Saturday) and Tony has spent time on his weekend
to fix it for us.

>XSL-list archive is also broken since the
>summer ( and nobody bothers to fix it ).

This is a thankless attitude ... Tony works hard on this list and I very
much appreciate his involvement.  To complain that he hasn't taken time
from his weekend to fix the problem is ungracious and unfair.  He keeps on
top of the problems and is quick to respond when they happen.

>If nobody cares about supporting XSL
>mailing list, maybe placing the list on
>e-groups is not a bad idea ?
>
>Or maybe I'm missing something
>and XML community gets some special
>joy with broken XML-list, broken XSL-list
>e t.c. ?
>
>Rgds.Paul.

Or maybe, Paul, this list could do with less complaining such as quoted
from you above.  It seems to me your negative attitude is not echoed by any
other participant and I get this impression because I hear your negative
attitude very often about many things.

I very much applaud Tony's efforts on this list and the DSSSL list, and his
freely available resources, editing environments, quick reference sheets,
etc. etc. etc.  Thank you Tony for your work and for helping to fix things
during the weekend.  Your valuable contributions to this community are very
much appreciated by some of us.

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/