RE: Copying and transforming/Recursion?

At 02:43 PM 10/11/2000 -0400, Jeff Saylor wrote:
>John,
>
>Thanks for the input but - like Sara's solution - this requires that I know
>the structure inside of <display> ahead of time - I need something more
>dynamic, hence why I was thinking about recursion to move through the
>children since it could handle a different structure every time.
>
>Ideas?

Can you give us a more complete sample input doc than the one you've
supplied so far, to wit:

> >   <root_elem>
> >     <submittedValues>
> >       <submittedValue fieldname='title'>mr.</submittedValue>
> >     </submittedValues>
> >
> >     <display>
> >         title:<input type='text' fieldname='title' value=''/>
> >     </display>
> >   </root_elem>

This example provides only a single occurrence of a submittedValues/display
pair. I gather from your comments that this structure can't be guaranteed
to be regular -- especially the structure of the <display> element. But
(speaking for myself) it's real hard to guess what *other* kinds of
structures you might encounter. That I think is why Sara and I proposed
"works with THIS structure only" solutions.