Re: Paul T vs FO. No way.

> > Should I explain why this have not happen yet? I think it is
> > obvious why. XML is not really used in the current world.
> > Surprize? Oh, please ....
>
> Um, Paul? Not to get too mixed up in your discussion but... We're using it,
> XSL, and FO in the real world... :-)

I trust you. More. I know some other people who do use XSL FO in
the real world. ( And I think the experience those people got with
XSL FO is a big bigger than your experience with XSL FO is ).
I also know that people do use XML. For example, I'm writing the
config files in XML. Is it usage of XML ? Of course, it is.

I'm sorry, I think this discussion is premature. The point I'm
making is:

I know that from *technical* standpoint there is
a big probability to get LinuxFO at some day.

That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying "nobody can use XSL FO" I'm not saying
"XSL FO is 'bad' or 'good'", I'm saying that XSL FO is
addressing limited domain.  Is your point that because
you are "using XSL FO in the real world", there is no
place for LinuxFO ?

This is your view on the situation. It is like saying :
"there is no need in Linux, because there is FreeBSD".

Time will show.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. BTW, when saying "we use XSL FO in the real life"  :
Do you mean you wrote some engine 100% conformant to the
latest spec? Or you are in fact saying "we are using some
limited subset of XSL FO latest specs which is occasionally
supported by the engine N ... and we are sooooo happy that
for our simple docs the subset that we use is working well....
We are not afraid to get more complex docs down the road -
we got some nice people here - they can even write
assembly programs in hex codes. They found  XSL FO
easy to learn and they told us that whatever problem
we could get - they'l solve it".

My point is that saying : "we use XSL FO in the real life"
is not saying too much.

PPS. Nobody blames your Free BSD ;-) Free BSD was ( is )
always better than Linux ;-)

The point is that some day you may get some strange  task and
you may find that Linux has support for some video card , but
Free BSD has no support for the similar hardware. For example.