RE: Formatting elements

Yes, I am. Where you need to put them really depends on
what you need to do. That said, what I generally do is
consider adding a wrapper element to any set of elements
that 'fundamentally' are a set or group. The siblings in
the group have a relationship with each other -- at least
for formatting or behavior purposes.

Some examples of this include things like addresses or
items in a list (if the items need to be able to contain
other structures).

Other things to consider are situations where you might
want to iterate through a set of things (for-each needs).

For example a message element with multiple line children.

Also think about situations where several elements may
need a different behaviour or format based on some
category or class of information. Putting an attribute on
one wrapper to indicate that classification is much easier
to do than putting it on each item in the group.

Last, think about situations where you may want to associate
a title, caption, or description of the group. This can be done with
attributes, but sometimes it makes more sense to create a
wrapper than can also contain that labeling element.

Sara

[snipped]