Re: xsl:for-each--stuck on very basic issue

Eric.Taylor@RealPage.com writes:

>   <xsl:template match="page">
>
> <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
>      <xsl:for-each select="index">
>
> THIS IS NOT SHOWING UP  <!--*** problem here  -->
>      </xsl:for-each>
>    </xsl:template>

Eric,

I am not precisely sure what it is you want to do. You didn't say. At the
moment your code seems to say for each <index> element do nothing. So, on
that basis, I would expect it to produce nothing within the <xsl:for-each>.

However, perhaps you wanted to achieve something like this. This works
adequately on Saxon. It doesn't produce anything spectacular but produces
output of the value of the entry attribute for each <index> element.

<xsl:template match="page">
<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
   <xsl:for-each select="index">
   <xsl:value-of select="@entry"/>

THIS IS NOT SHOWING UP  <!--*** problem here  -->

   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

I guess it may be something like that that you wanted to produce.

Within the <xsl:for-each> element you need to define the processing you want
to be carried out.

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt