Re: Interesting : Selecting unique value of an attribute

Paul,

>I don't know about the method

I think it might be in the FAQ, but if not I found an excellent description
at Jeni Tennison's tutorials (useful bookmark):

http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt

>but what do you mean by :
>count(. | key('entryval', @entry)[1])

(This is better explained at Jeni's tutorials but..) Counting the nodes of
this expression will return 1 if the current node is the first index node
with this value for the entry attribute.  It will return 2 if it is not the
first.

The key function gets all the index nodes with an entry value the same as
the current node.  The [1] predicate filters these so that only the first
of these nodes is selected. Since the union operator (|) does not produce a
node-set with the same node repeated then the current node will not be
added if it is the first of these nodes.

>It makes my processor stop, because the argument is a mix of nodes and
>boolean operator.

How do you know that this is the cause for the processor freeze?  What XSLT
processor are you using?

Thanks

Tom