Re: Need some help with an expression...

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, David Allouche wrote:

> /box/category[@name='someType']/header/self[instance=$parameter]/parent:header

> /box/category[@name='someType']/header/self[instance=$parameter]/parent:header/ref

> /box/category[@name='someType']/header/self[instance=$parameter]/parent:*/ref

> /*/category[@name='someType']/*/self[instance=$parameter]/parent:*/ref

Ooops,

in these XPaths the "parent:" string is to be replaced by "parent::"...

I always mix the namespace prefix syntax with the axis prefixe syntax,
their similarity in writing while they are so different in meaning just
does not seem natural to me....  I should have triple checked before
posting...

Sorry for any confusion, mailing list bandwidth and reader time waste...

                             -- David --

PS: in this case the solution of Francis Norton is arguably cleaner
    thought it does not illustrate the use of alternate axises.

    /box/category[@name='someType']/header[self/instance=$parameter]/ref