RE: node-set() function in MSXML?

I believe this non-compliance in MSXML is merely that it processes something
which the spec says it must report as an error: it doesn't cause any correct
stylesheets to behave differently from the way the spec says they should. So
the only real portability impact is that a stylesheet that "works" on MSXML
won't port to something else.

I wrongly suggested in my book (sorry, Microsoft) that the implicit coercion
had a side-effect in causing the conversion of a result tree fragment to a
boolean to give the wrong answer. In fact converting a result tree fragment
to a boolean should always give the answer "true", and it was Saxon that was
wrong in returning the result of
 boolean(string($rtf))

Mike Kay