Announce: Eighth Edition of XSLT/XPath Tutorial Materials

Announce: Eighth Edition of XSLT/XPath Tutorial Materials

   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
   (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
   Eighth Edition - 2000-07-07 - ISBN 1-894049-05-5
   Copyright (c) 2000 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   / 341 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates
   /           / and separate copy of all example files.

This revised Eighth Edition again contains all constructs of the W3C
Recommendations for XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 with cleaned-up text, examples,
and new content based on feedback and requests for additions from existing
customers.  It has been just over four months since the last edition and
sufficient material has been collected to warrant publishing a new
edition.  This is the third edition since the release of the 1.0
Recommendations.

The free download preview excerpt (in both A4 and US-letter page sizes) has
also been updated to reflect the content of the Eighth Edition.

As with our other editions of this XSLT training material, the purchase of
any edition of this publication entitles the customer to any future edition
of the same material at no charge.  Note that the work on this material
*has not stopped* ... work will continue (notably, the recent revelations
of the XSL charter at http://www.w3.org/Style/2000/xsl-charter.html
confirms that changes are coming down the road for both XSLT and XPath) and
future editions will continue to track changes in these
Recommendations.  Therefore, your purchase will always be up-to-date with
these W3C technologies.  Also, you can influence how the material evolves
by asking us to consider changes you'd like to see.

Information can be obtained from the link below to the "Commercial Training
Materials" section the Crane web site (also the location of the free
download preview excerpt).

.............. Ken

p.s. Attention existing customers:

You should have received your update notice by now, but more email
addresses than last time (a few dozen this time) are bouncing.  If you have
not received your notice then I need to update my records with new
addresses ... please forward a copy of your receipt in order to obtain the
latest username/password for download.

p.p.s. Derivatives of this material are being licensed by companies and
training organizations around the world to deliver to their staff and their
customers; see the bottom of our Course Schedule page for a list of current
licensees and for our own deliveries of this material in the local Ottawa,
Canada area.

cc:
XSL List
XML-DEV