Re: Having trouble getting SAXON working...

I remembered you CANNOT use Xerces 1.0.3 with Saxon.

Regards,

Yang Li
Tel:  945-3340
Tie: 8-862-3340
Fax: x4490

"Buss, Jason A" <jabuss@cessna.textron.com>@mulberrytech.com on 07/07/2000
10:58:14 AM

Please respond to xsl-list@mulberrytech.com

Sent by:  owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com

To:   "'xsl-list@mulberrytech.com'" <xsl-list@mulberrytech.com>
cc:
Subject:  Having trouble getting SAXON working...

Hello everyone,

I cannot get SAXON to work on my NT box.  I tried to set up the
ParserManager.properties file to accept Xerces (it works fine with my Xalan
processor), but I keep getting an errors.  I cannot think of anything my
classpath might be missing.  Here is the error message:

> cd d:\saxon
> java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o E:\saxontest.htm
e:\adeptuser\chaptest.xml e:\adeptuser\jabdcbk.xsl

d:\saxon>java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o E:\saxontest.htm
e:\adeptuser\chaptest.xml e:\adeptuser\jabdcbk.xsl
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
     at com.icl.saxon.Builder.startElement(Builder.java:331)
     at com.icl.saxon.Stripper.startElement(Stripper.java:161)
     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1289)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.callStartElement(XMLParser.java:1922)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanne

r.java:1831)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM

LDocumentScanner.java:991)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.

java:381)
     at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1208)
     at
com.icl.saxon.ExtendedInputSource.deliver(ExtendedInputSource.java:228)
     at com.icl.saxon.Builder.build(Builder.java:232)
     at com.icl.saxon.Builder.build(Builder.java:175)
     at
com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:98)
     at com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.doMain(StyleSheet.java:198)
     at com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet.main(StyleSheet.java:46)
Exception in thread "main"

Here is my CLASSPATH:

D:\jdk118\lib\classes.zip;D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\xalan.jar;D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\xerc

es.jar;D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\samples\xalansamples.jar;D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\bsf.jar;

D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\bsfengines.jar;D:\lotusxsl_1_0_1\lotusxsl.jar;D:\lotusxsl_

1_0_1\compat.jar;d:\saxon\saxon.jar;d:\saxon\source.zip;d:\saxon\ParserManag

er.properties;

And this is my ParserManager.Properties file:

#ParserManager properties
#SAXON - Michael Kay, ICL, 14 Apriil 2000 (Michael.Kay@icl.com)

# List of SAX-conformant parsers

# Default parser. Change this to any installed parser. The value given is
the
# "short name" of a SAX-compliant parser or SAX2-compliant XMLReader,
# which must be present in the list below

defaultParser=xerces

# Parser search path. Used if the default parser cannot be loaded. The
value
# is a list of "short names" of SAX-compliant parsers, which must be
present
# in the list below. The first parser that can be loaded from the CLASSPATH
is
# the one used.

# the ordering puts SAX2 parsers first

parserPath=xerces;xpcomments;saxon;aelfred;datachannel;ibm;ibmval;lark;msxml

;oracle;silfide;sun;xp

# Parser short names. Extend this list if you install a SAX-compliant
# parser other than the ones listed. The value must be the name of a class
# that implements the org.xml.sax.Parser interface.

saxon=com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXDriver
aelfred=com.microstar.xml.SAXDriver
datachannel=com.datachannel.xml.sax.SAXDriver
ibm=com.ibm.xml.parsers.SAXParser
ibmval=com.ibm.xml.parsers.ValidatingSAXParser
lark=com.megginson.sax.LarkDriver
msxml=com.megginson.sax.MSXMLDriver
oracle=oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser
silfide=fr.loria.xml.sax.SAXDriver
sun=com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
sunval=com.sun.xml.parser.ValidatingParser
xerces=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
xp=com.jclark.xml.sax.Driver
xpcomments=com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver

I wanted to post this to the SAXON list, but I cannot seem to get
subscribed.  I think the verification reply might have bounced.

This may seem like a rudimentary problem, but I don't have a very extensive
java background, and to be honest, some of the intricacies of XPath and DOM
are still a bit beyond my reach.

Jason A. Buss
Department 417
Single Engine Technical Publications
Cessna Aircraft

"We are surrounded by insurmountable opportunity..."
                                                                   -Pogo