RE: format changes in different browsers

> The second way, and by far the most sensible in the long run
> is to buy a
> good book on HTML like O'Reilly's "Dynamic HTML - The Definitive
> Reference" and tweak your pages to work right on all
> browsers. It can be
> done - took me a couple of hours to get my axkit pages right, but they
> look good on all platforms at all resolutions now. And even
> render fairly
> OK in lynx (text based browser).

I have used the Bobby HTML validator (http://www.cast.org/bobby/) to ensure that my pages are technically as good as they can be, both in terms of browser independance and HTML conformance, but also in terms of ensuring that as many can access the pages as possible.

If the original inquierer have a large set of files to convert, I would suggest using TIDY to make them XHTML conformant, before applying any changes with XSLT.

Thorbjørn