Re: Namespace nodes in XSLT and XPath

> Where does XSLT/Xpath allow that the ordering of namespace nodes in the
> result tree (as opposed to the output document) is implementation specific?

itis implied by the constraints (or lack of them) on the xml
linearisation.

> So the ordering of namespace nodes in the result tree is explicitly
> specific; this is also true for the attribute axis.
No the axis beinga forward axis just affects the way position(0 etc
work on the input tree, it doesn't imply anything about teh resulttree.

> (I'm thinking about the result trees, not the linearized XML output
> shown here.)
The foo element will have namesapce nodes relating to the foo namespace

Are these equivalent?
yes, as when parsing this back in the xpath data nmodel all namespace
nodes are repeated on all descendent elements.

> But in the latter alternative, the namespace
> nodes associated with the element 'foo' are:
The order is machine specific in eithercase.

David