RE: xsl self-documentation - weave

> I take particlular note of your comment that 'trace' is much
> more often used than 'weave'.

I think that the target audience of these methods are different.  For me, a weaved document is intended to be _documentation_ for other people to read, where the trace-target -- again for me -- is intended to be a debugging aid (since good debuggers do not exist for XSLT yet).

The overlap between these two is probably not very large.

> Unsure how Norm uses them, but I'm guessing he's weaving
> rather than tracing.

These are still under development into a larger documentation system targetting towards a DocBook document, similar to the DocBook Guide.   His approach is basically based on top-level nodes.

I would still like to see a simulation of the output desired from a trace-run, since that will most likely clarify matters a lot.

--
  Thorbjørn