East-Asian Output encoding with XSLT?

Dear Listmembers,

I am trying to use XSLT to publish resources for different East-Asian
countries. I would like to produce local encodings in Big5 and GBK, possible
also Shift JIS. I tried XT and SAXON so far, but they did not seem to act as
desired upon the statement that defined the output encoding.
Any ideas how to solve this? Are there XSLT processors that do have these
output options? Is there a way to get this into the major players?

Any help appreciated,

Christian

Dr. Christian Wittern
Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies