RE: AS-IS Output in XSL

> I am trying to do an XLS Transformation and in the output
> file I want a non-closing tag to appear as follows:
>
> <!DOCTYPE something something_else_but_not_an_attribute blah blah>

Firstly, your terminology is way out, there is no such thing as a
"non-closing tag" and you seem to be confused between an element start tag
and a document type declaration. The only similarity is that both use angle
brackets as delimiters.

Secondly, there is no clean way of outputting a document type declaration
from an XSLT stylesheet. There is a dirty way of doing it, use

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
<[CDATA[<!DOCTYPE thing thing>]]>
</xsl:text>

Mike Kay